Okay, so I started this post a week and a half ago...I'm just going to publish it (in its incomplete state) and move forward. Sorry!
Excitement is definitely in the air...school is just around the corner! How can that be? We have had a busy summer, but not crazy. We have spent a lot of time on the road...which makes life busy for me with all the packing and unpacking.
The kids and I spent another 11 days with my family at the end of July. It was a good time! We enjoyed swimming in my parents pool. Gabriel and Gilly learned how to float on a raft--Gabriel really enjoyed that! Gilly is a natural fish. And then there is Gracelyn...let's just say she was fearless! I made the mistake of trying to take her in the big pool with me. I figured she'd be scared and cling to me. Silly me. She just had to prove that wrong! She started to jump out of my arms. She did not want me to hold on to her at all. Little did she know that she was much to short to touch the bottom. I even finally let her go under the water just a bit hoping it would register that she couldn't swim without mom's help. Nope. She choked slightly and then started trying to get away from me again! My parents got her a little boat raft and she would sit in it only for a bit, but she still wanted to be free. What she really wanted was to climb up and down the ladder, yet we have stairs at home that she can climb all the time. Go figure.
My dad took Gabriel, Gilly, and me to a Naturals baseball game one evening. This is a minor league team right there in Springdale. We had a great time. Gillian was quite intrigued with the mascot. His name is Strike. He came around to the box and met the kids, but silly me forgot the camera. Ugh!
I have recently decided to try out golf. I have A LOT to learn about it, but am enjoying my attempts at it so far. It was so much fun to go with my dad one evening and golf. He was so patient with me and gave me some really good tips. I don't have a very good memory any more, but I think this is a memory I'll never forget. It was special.
We also enjoyed playing with cousins. The kids all play well together. We miss them so much! I also enjoyed some one on one time with my sissy. That is a rare treat for us.
Last weekend we traveled back to Arkansas to visit the Carter side. We actually got to have Eric with us this time. :) We enjoyed seeing everyone and seeing our niece and nephews. They are all growing up fast too. The kids enjoy the farm (except for the roosters early in the morning) and all of the yummy food we get to enjoy when we are there. It was a quick trip (Eric just can't miss much work right now, he's very busy!) but I think we at least got to say hi and spend a little time with everyone. I even enjoyed lunch out with two dear friends that I hadn't seen in a very long time! Thanks for the surprise, Kara! :)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't even realize we had the same border! How funny. You know that we love having you here...miss you too!
ReplyDelete